Neo Anime Shinto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Do you know who that is?
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:00 am by stell51

» Do you know who that is?
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:59 am by stell51

» The most impressive things or plots in The Dark Night Rise
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:35 am by stell51

» Whats the new call of duty gonna be?
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:28 am by horsemaskliu

» Why does call of duty 6 modern warfare 2 become the pinnacle of modern warfare ?
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 am by horsemaskliu

» How do you turn a regular day into a magical day ?
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:59 am by horsemaskliu

» Do You Interest to Buy This Horse Head Mask?
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 am by horsemaskliu

» Are YOU a Secret Unicorn?
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:20 am by horsemaskliu

» Which character you want to cosplay?
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:56 am by xcosplay

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 171 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:15 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
.CO.NR Free Domain.CO.NR Free Domain

Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object"

2 posters

Go down

Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Empty Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object"

Post by Masterjoe42 Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:30 pm

**WARNING** .::It's best to have your grass and character icons all functioning before you do this step in your game::.

This tutorial is going to teach you how to teleport to a different area, just by stepping on/in an object in your game.

STEP 1: Lets start by making a new icon. So if you haven't done so already, click on "File", then "New" in the dropdown menu. You will see a popup box with "type" and then an input next to it, then under that is "name" and then an input box next to that.
Lets start with "type"
~click on the arrow, and in the dropdown menu look for "icon file [.dmi]". That is what we will use to make our icons.
~In the name box, just type "turf" (without the quotation marks)

STEP 2: By now, we should see a big white area with 2 boxes in the top corner. The first box has a paint pallet on it, and the second one has a video camera on it. Lets start by making an "edge" icon.
~Click on the paint pallet, and you'll get a new window that has a silver and gray grid, with options around it. On the left of the box, you will see options such as "point, line, oval, flood, select, etc." Click on "flood".
~In the color panel beside the grid, look for the black, and click on it. Now click anywhere in the grid, and the whole grid will be flooded in black. Thats good. Now click the "back" button below the color panel.

STEP 3: We should now be back at the same white area we saw before, only now will be a black box. Thats the Icon we just made. Right click on the black icon, and on the dropdown menu, click on "edit state".
~You will now see a small box that says "name", and a box inside it that says "movement state" next to it. In the name section, just put "edge" (no capital letters, and no quotation marks). When your done, click "ok"

STEP 4: Now lets make the portal we want to step on. So again, click on the paint pallet. Only this time, lets make it...Oval. Click the "oval" tool option to the left of the grid, and make an oval. Then flood it with yellow, or whatever you wish.
. when your done, just click "back" below the color panel

STEP 5: Go to edit the state again, only this time name it "portal"

STEP 6: Ok, now we have our two icons. The portal icon, and our edge icon. Time to go code it. So go to "file", then "new", and instead of looking for an icon file[.dmi] this time, we're going to want a "code file"[.dm]. Lets name it "code"

STEP 7: Now we see a big text field that we can type in. Here is what we will type.
Code:

turf
    edge
        icon = 'turf.dmi'
        icon_state = "edge"
        density = 1
    portal
        icon = 'turf.dmi'
        icon_state = "portal"
        verb
            Enter()
                usr.loc=locate(1,1,1)

***after you type in "turf", and hit "enter", hit "tab" to type "edge". you ALWAYS want to use the tab key when your indenting, which is a big deal in byond coding***

So now we have our codes. Just hit "ctrl+k" to compile your project. Compiling it is the equivalence of saving it.

STEP 8: Now we go to "file", and "new", and now we look for a map file[.dmm]
Lets name this one.."world" (without the quotation marks).
~We will now get a popup box asking us to input our x, y, and z axes. Lets set our "x" to 10, our "y" to 10, and our "z" to 2. Then click "ok".
~Now we have off to the left, a bunch of boxes with "+" marks next to them. There will be a box called "turf". Click on the "+", and a dropdown menu will show up, showing our edge icon, and our portal icon. Lets make a box somewhere on our map with the "edge" icon. Leave the middle of the box we made empty, so we can walk around inside it.
~Now, we will click on our portal icon, and set that somewhere. Lets set it...2 spaces above the bottom lefthand corner of our map. Now, lets compile it again, by pressing "ctrl+k", and then we will press "ctrl+r" to run our game.

**Now when your character walks onto the portal, he should warp instantly to the bottom lefthand corner of the map. To change where he goes, go back to edit the code "by clicking on the "file" tab at the top of the box with the list to your far left"
and change the "(1,1,1)" code, to the coordinates you want to teleport him to.
x,y,z

(THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT AXES)
*x axes is horizontal <----------------->
*y axes is vertical (straight up and down)
*z axes is different worlds. When you go to edit your map, just click the 2 boxes with arrows in them to cycle through your z axes.
Masterjoe42
Masterjoe42
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name: Raivu
Health:
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

http://www.freewebs.com/animeshinto

Back to top Go down

Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Empty Re: Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object"

Post by MikeA.C. Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:18 am

joe if your trying to make fun of me its no use i already have this figured out..in fact i finished the whole pokemon area last night.....i only have one mob there though...and it dosnt know how to attack just walk....still i want to put the game up nowwwww as like a beta testing sort of thing
MikeA.C.
MikeA.C.
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 2453

Character sheet
Character Name:
Health:
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Left_bar_bleue100/100Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

http://www.myspace.com/macthre3

Back to top Go down

Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Empty Re: Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object"

Post by Masterjoe42 Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:15 pm

No, I'm not making fun of you. When you asked, it brought it to my attention that this would be something very useful people should know in their game.
Masterjoe42
Masterjoe42
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Character sheet
Health:
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeA.C. Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:26 pm

well i just looked it up on byond and used yami maracks tutorial

and im pretty sure me and you are the only two interested in byond stuff
MikeA.C.
MikeA.C.
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet
Character Name:
Health:
Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Left_bar_bleue100/100Tutorial: "How to teleport by stepping on an object" Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Masterjoe42 Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:47 pm

>> there will be others.
Masterjoe42
Masterjoe42
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeA.C. Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:21 pm

-_- the only tutorial im interested in is how to uplaod a game correctly -_- and i wouldnt mind knowing what a hub number is either
MikeA.C.
MikeA.C.
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet
Character Name:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:26 pm

Should I even state how bad it is that your arguing over bad graphics...and coding that doesn't even matter anywhere else beyond...Byond....god.....gey....

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeA.C. Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:29 pm

hey i dont see your game tha you said you would be making...how long ago?
MikeA.C.
MikeA.C.
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet
Character Name:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:39 pm

lol sorry that college has been in my face since i graduated and i occupied myself with another game which is a Mugen Beta. I'll make videos and show you...pretty kickass in my words.... eh I'll make a short game and distribute it in the next month or so if I get around to it...seriously >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Masterjoe42 Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:11 am

>> Shitty graphics or not, just knowing that you created an mmo for hundreds of people to play is an awesome feeling. And think of this as an alternative..

-BYOND is a MASSIVE populated site
-Hundreds of people are looking for codes and tutorials to help them out
-Codes and tutorials are on here soo....
-It will draw them in, and they'll want more

BAM

more members.

Thats just an alternative. PLUS, I'm trying to convince more people to start making games.
Masterjoe42
Masterjoe42
Administrator
Administrator

Male

Character sheet
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeA.C. Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:16 am

yea thats why i made the forum link to here :3
MikeA.C.
MikeA.C.
Administrator
Administrator

Female

Character sheet
Character Name:
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum